Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I've been here for six weeks already. It's kind of unbelievable, to be honest. Some mornings I'll wake up and feel like I'm home--like I've been here forever--but other times it feels like my family just drove away and like I have no idea what I'm doing here or where anything is.

I really do love it here though. I mean, I have friends; I don't have best friends, but friends nonetheless. It's weird to look at people who are already in relationships or have unbelievably tight groups of friends. There are definitely people I enjoy spending time with, but then at the same time, I can't imagine ever getting as close to them as I am to the core. I definitely have fleeting moments of loneliness when I realize that the friends I do have are all closer to other people than they are to me. But I figure that's normal and I'll eventually find my groove. I mean, the core happened junior(?) year of high school. I can't expect my first two months in a new state to immediately produce people who love me.

I cut about six inches of my hair off. It felt like time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment